The Next Leader of Prospect Schools
Update: January 15, 2021
Our search process is off the ground and running! With roughly 200 applicants to date, the Alma team is reporting lots of interest in the CEO role, and talented diverse applicants emerging through the process. Here are a few updates to share on the search:
- We completed a virtual town hall, as well as numerous focus groups and 1-on-1 interviews and a community survey. The Alma team got to meet with students, parents, faculty, school leaders, treehouse staff, and Board members. Thank you to everyone who dedicated time to provide your insights and feedback.
- We continue to be interested in your thoughts and feedback. Please write us anytime with thoughts and questions on the search at ProspectCEO@AlmaAdvisoryGroup.com. We welcome your thoughts on the priorities and skills needed for Prospect Schools’ next CEO.
- The Alma team has begun first-round interviews. First round interviews will continue on a rolling basis until a selection decision is made.
- We are anticipating a multi-step screening process including the following:
- A first round interview by the Alma team to screen for requisite skills, background and experiences
- A second round interview co-led by Alma and Prospect Schools, getting a deeper look at the candidates’ competencies and alignment with Prospect Schools’ mission and values
- A third (semi-finalist) round with members of the Prospect Schools leaders and members of the Boards’ Transition Committee
- A finalist round of interviews for finalists to meet with faculty, leaders, students and community members
The Transition Committee will be confirming the design of each stage of the process in the weeks ahead.
As always keep checking back here for updates, and don’t hesitate to reach out to ProspectCEO@AlmaAdvisoryGroup.com with any questions.
Update: December 16, 2020
Dear Prospect Schools community,
As you know, our esteemed co-Founder and CEO Dan Rubenstein will be stepping down after 14 years leading Prospect Schools to pursue his dream of running a school in Asia. The Boards of Prospect Schools and Brooklyn Prospect have formed a Transition Committee to spearhead the important work of finding our next CEO.
Your voice is critically important as we begin this important endeavor. We have thoughtfully planned for a robust and transparent process to allow everyone’s input as we clarify the most important responsibilities for our CEO, and the skills needed to be successful. Here are the activities planned to help share our progress and to gather your insights and feedback.
- We are launching a 10 question survey accessible here. You’ll have the opportunity to share what you love most about Prospect Schools, our top areas of improvement, the skills most important for the role, and the most important aspects of the CEO’s job moving forward. The survey will be open for submissions until Friday, January 8th by EOD.
- We are holding a series of focus groups and interviews with stakeholders in the weeks ahead, including connecting with faculty, staff, students, parents and families, and leaders throughout the community.
- We will be holding a virtual Town Hall for Faculty and Staff on Thursday, January 7th from 4-5pm. The purpose of this event will be for faculty and staff to hear from Alma about this search, as well as to offer input and ask questions about the process
- We will be posting regular updates to the Prospect Schools website on this page. Check the site to learn about the status of the search and opportunities to participate.
- We will keep an email address throughout the search. Please write us anytime with thoughts and questions on the search at ProspectCEO@AlmaAdvisoryGroup.com.
Thank you so much for your support in helping us find our next CEO. Although this is a bittersweet moment for us, we look forward to a process that will help us successfully find the person who will lead us into our next chapter.